This role reports to the chief Mechanic, you will be responsible for the assembly and servicing of the Haas Formula 1 race car both trackside and at the Banbury factory. You will work as part of a team of Mechanics ensuring the car is built in a methodical fashion whilst adhering to strict deadlines. You will be required to work under the direction of your No 1 Mechanic during running sessions both at Race Weekends and Test events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner at all times whilst ensuring that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
- You will ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Ensuring that the area or parts of the car assigned to you are consistently assembled in a safe and reliable manner.
- Accountability for the condition and appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels at all times.
- You will be expected to be an integral part of the team, take part in pit stops and assist other team members in various tasks as required.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the Haas F1 Team pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Report reliability issues as they occur and seek advice before undertaking any out of the ordinary tasks.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Assist the Team and the Chief Mechanic with other technical duties and tasks as they may occur.
- Adherence to health and safety legislation and safe working practices at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Mechanic or Team Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in a high level motorsport environment.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Education and Work Experience:
Previous experience as a Race Car Mechanic gained within the field of high level motorsport.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role requires extensive worldwide travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.