Reporting to the Chief Mechanic you will be responsible for the assembly, servicing and repair of all composite components fitted to the Haas Formula 1 race car both trackside and at the Banbury factory. You will work with a team of Mechanics throughout the build process undertaking repairs and assembly in a methodical manner whilst adhering to strict deadlines. You will be expected to be an integral part of the running crew during sessions both at Race Weekends and Test events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner at all times whilst ensuring that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
- You will ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Responsibility for the condition and build consistency of all wings, bodywork floors and brake ducts ensuring they meet all the relevant set up parameters and quality criteria of the Aerodynamic department.
- Maintenance of minimum stock levels of components, spares and consumables. Inspection post running of all composite parts and reporting of condition and damage to the Chief Mechanic and travelling Parts Coordinator.
- Assisting the Parts Coordinator with management of the flow of components between the factory and the track and through the various stages of the servicing and painting process.
- Accountability for the condition and appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels at all times and ensuring that branding is accurately repeated and matches the requirements of the branding catalogue at all times.
- You will be expected to be an integral part of the team, take part in pit stops and assist other team members in various tasks as required.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the Haas F1 Team pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Recording and feedback of parameters and incidences as they occur or as requested by the Engineering group.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Enforces and follows Safety program in all venues.
- Assist the Team and the Chief Mechanic with other technical duties and tasks as they may occur.
- Follow and enforce health and safety regulations at all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Mechanic or Team Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive understanding of composite repair methods including bond preparation, resin selection and laminating techniques gained in a trackside environment you should be able to apply these skills often in a limited time frame and under pressure.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in high level motorsport.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements, fabrication and machining skills and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- NDT technician qualified in, UT essential, DYE and Eddy current would be beneficial.
Education and Work Experience:
Previous experience as a Composite Technician gained within the field of Formula 1 will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within the industry.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role requires extensive worldwide travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.