This position reports to the Chief Information Officer or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the management, deployment, support and development of trackside IT systems for the Haas F-1 Team organization. They will play a key part in ensuring the delivery of best in class IT solutions and services to the company and its users.
- Maintain technical responsibility for track related IT systems and services at all race and test events and in factory operational facilities
- Report on, follow up and mitigate all trackside related issues and faults ensuring wider IT team is engaged as required
- Plan and perform upgrades and changes to infrastructure both in and out of the racing season, including road maps and future technical architecture planning
- Provide technical support to end users at the track and factory for all queries relating to trackside activities
- Ensure up to date documentation for systems and services
- Maintain and troubleshoot the trackside LAN and WAN topologies
- Support server hardware, storage platforms (SAN) and security appliances.
- Support and administer Windows based services such as AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Support, administer and develop virtualization platforms
- Configure and deploy Cisco IP telephony & wireless systems
- Support F1 specific hardware and software such as MAT, CAD and Simulation software
- Mentor, train and guide members of the IT team as required.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Information Officer or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including BSc or MIS in Computer Science required, or equivalent work experience. Typically requires at least 3-5 years’ experience in the IT field with previous experience managing infrastructure. Exposure to a racing environment preferred. Working in an international environment preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Have relevant experience in a similar technical position, ideally in a motorsport or other pressured environment.
- Be extremely self-driven and motivated to be the best at what you do every day.
- A quick thinker, be a flexible and adaptive character with the ability react to and solve problems with speed and efficiency, sometimes under highly pressurised situations.
- Previous experience of technical responsibility and reporting required
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid understanding of Ethernet networking, switching, routing, network installations and troubleshooting. CCNA or equivalent certifications is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft server, desktop environments and Active Directory domains required.
- A working knowledge of McLaren Applied Technology software such as Atlas, System Monitor, Atlas Data Server and SQL Race preferred.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.